Tuesday 25 February 2014

Trying out a new design

While I love the double layered, padded iPad case design I've done, as I scale them up for bigger devices, they get bulky and I still want a case that will fit into a reasonable sized bag. So, I came up with the idea of using felt as a lining.
So here is my first foray into a lined bag. This is big enough to hold my 13" MacBook Pro which has a hard clear protective case on it, but only just. It is very snug. Next time I'll make it just a tad bigger so that a laptop can slide in and out easily. It has a velcro closing. Simple, but does the job.

What do you think? I'm thinking similar sleeves with outside pockets to hold the USB Superdrive and the power cable, plus two more for the thunderbolt cables I've also got for it. What else is essential in a laptop sleeve, without it having to become a bag in it's own right.

The outside uses a new Skull & Crossbones design that has just arrived in and I've coupled it with some cool matching Skull & Crossbones felt. There is a strip of black tape running around the outside to cover up where the tape meets. It is very strong. There are two layers of tape over the felt before you get to the Skull & Crossbones tape, so this is not going to fall apart any time soon.

It isn't padded like the other device cases I've made but the felt protects the laptop case from scratches.

If you like this idea but would prefer a different design, please let me know. I have several felts and soft fabrics to use on the inside.

No comments:

Post a Comment